Thursday, April 30, 2009

Air Force One Photo Op

On Monday morning, panic hit the streets of New York when a low flying playing buzzed the skyline. Was it another attack? Is it going to fly into a building? People were scurrying around the streets looking overhead to see what might be coming. There worst nightmare could be happening again. But wait, it wasn't a terrorist, the plane wasn't aiming towards any buildings, what the hell is going on? Ladies and gentleman, this was Air Force One (well the backup for the official Air Force One). Yes, that's right the plane was from the White House.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn0tMMYEkQU

As news got out, Mayor Bloomberg was furious and had every right to be. Who could be so stupid to authorize a stunt like this for a freaking photo op? And who would ask this to be kept from the public? Were they trying to cause a panic, because that is exactly what they did. I don't care if it has been months, years or decades from when we had planes flying into our New York buildings, you DON'T do that. I don't live in New York, but I tell you what, when I see planes flying up above the thought always crosses my mind, are they going to hit us?

Since I don't normally watch the local news, I don't know how or if this story was covered. But if this were a screw up by the Bush Administration, it would be all over the place. We'd see protesters in the streets and condemnation from the news outlets about this debacle. Mr. O might say he was furious when he heard the news, but wouldn't he have to had to know about this? I mean come on, why else would there be a photo op of Air Force One? Of all the weak and wrong decisions he's made since he took office, this has to be by far the dumbest, inexcusable examples of where his priorities are.

My mission this weekend is to ask at least 5 people if they've heard about this to see if they are 'in the know'. So far, all of the things that I've brought attention to and has been widely reported on talk radio and the only fair news network, the only replies I receive are either, "no, I hadn't heard that" or "he's only been in office for a few months." Listen, I don't care if he was in there a day, this is something you don't just turn away from.

No comments: